Technical Questions We Often Hear
The Technical information on this page comes from questions we frequently hear from students.
If you think something is missing and you think we should add it, please contact the Reference Desk to let us know.
Columbus Campus: Call 614-287-2460 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delaware Campus: Call 740-203-8183
Many of these questions may also be answered in the Technology Tips guide.
IT Support Line:
Computer Commons (TL 116)
Cyber Café (TL Lobby)
How Do I Download a FREE Microsoft Office 365 on My Own Computers?
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus is released to all Columbus State Students!
Student Software - Office 365 ProPlus
Here are up-to-date instructions from IT Support:
Install Microsoft Office 365
How to access the Microsoft Office 365 applications installation from the CSCC Student Email using the New Outlook View.
Thank you to Mark Bragg for these instructions.
IT Support are the best people to assist you in doing this. Find them in the Technology and Learning Center building, on the 1st floor, internet café or TL 116.
How Do I Use the Library Printers?
- Our printers only print in black and white.
- You can print color PDFs from a flash drive on the 1st floor of the TL for $0.25 per page.
- Our printers print 8 1/2" x 11" paper.
- Our printers automatically print double-sided. If you want one-sided, you’ll need to change this at your computer before you print.
Scanners - Where Are They?
Scanners are available in the Multimedia Lab on the 1st floor of the library. If you need assistance and there is no assistant in the Multimedia Lab, ask for help at the Circulation Desk (1st floor) or the Reference Desk (2nd floor).
See the "Scan and Copy" page in the Technology Tips guide.
My Student Email
Your student email is your user name immediately followed by @student.cscc.edu.
See the "Email" page in the Technology Tips guide.
How Do I Save My Document?
SAVE EARLY! SAVE OFTEN!
DO NOT SAVE YOUR DOCUMENT(S) TO THE DESKTOP OR THE DOCUMENTS FOLDER.
WHEN YOU SIGN OUT OF YOUR COMPUTER SESSION IT WILL DISAPPEAR.
Technology Tips: Save
See this page in the Technology Tips guide for information about how to save your documents on our computers, so you don't lose them.
Can I Send a Fax?
The library does not offer any faxing services for students.
The bookstore offers faxing services to students for $1 a page, or check with your local public library.
How Do I Use the Copiers?
There are three copiers in the library, one on each floor.
- It currently costs 5 cents a page to make a copy.
- Copies in black and white only.
- The copiers accept nickels, dimes, quarters, and singles.
- Put your cash in first and then set up the copier to copy as you prefer.
If you need assistance with the copier, please ask a person at the desk on each floor of the library, i.e., Circulation Desk (1st Fl), Reference Desk (2nd Fl), and Periodicals Desk (3rd Fl).
How Do I Submit My Assignment on Blackboard
How do I submit my assignments in Blackboard?
Here is a link to the Blackboard Student Orientation.
- Save the document you want to submit, on your Student Home Directory(B) or a flash drive and close it.
- In Blackboard, go to the page where you need to submit your assignment.
- Browse on your computer to find the saved document.
- Double-click on file name to upload it to the submission page. You'll be able to see the link appear on the submission page.
- Click on "Submit" to submit your assignment.
- Check at the bottom of the blackboard page. You may need to click "OK" to complete the submission.
What Software and Equipment can I find in Multimedia Services?
Privacy & Confidentiality StatementLibrary Code of Conduct