Bluefire Reader supports ePub, PDF, and Adobe DRM formats used by most libraries, so it can be used to read your downloaded content from the EBSCOhost eBook Collection.
Free: iPhone, iPad, Android.
Note: You will also need Adobe Digital Editions.
Transfer EBSCO E-books to a Mobile Device
- Open your downloaded EBSCO e-book in Adobe Digital Editions. If you have not authorized Adobe Digital Editions with your Adobe ID on this computer, you will need to complete that step first. You will be prompted to enter your Adobe ID and Password the first time you try to open an EBSCO e-book with Digital Editions on your computer.
- Connect your portable device to your computer.
- Adobe Digital Editions automatically detects the presence of your device and offers to authorize it with your Adobe ID. Just as the Adobe Digital Editions software must be authorized with your Adobe ID, the portable device must also be authorized to be able to transfer protected content to and from the device.
- After authorization, the device appears as a new bookshelf in your library.
- Transfer items to and from the device bookshelf by clicking on the e-book title, then dragging and dropping the title into the device bookshelf.
Note: Do not disconnect the device while you are in the process of transferring a title to the device.
Popular devices that are compatible with e-books on EBSCOhost include:
- Barnes & Noble Nooks
- Sony Readers
- Apple iPad (with Bluefire Reader)
- many smart phones!
Here is the complete list of compatible devices
Privacy & Confidentiality StatementLibrary Code of Conduct