Forgot your username, Cougar ID, or password?
Need to create a new password?
Need Help? Contact the IT Support Center
Walk up computer related support available in the Cyber Café, TL 116, or by calling (614) 287-5729.
Here are a few password creation tips provided by Information Security at Columbus State.
1. If you don't remember the last time you changed your password, it's time to change it
2. You should change your password at least every 90 days
3. Passwords should be at least 8 characters long
4. Do not reuse the same password for multiple web sites and/or applications
5. Do not write your passwords down
6. Do not reveal a password in an email message
7. Do not talk about a password in front of others
8. Do not share a password with family members
9. Do not use word or number patterns like aaabbb, qwerty, zyxwvuts, 123321, etc.
10. Do not use any words preceded or followed by a digit (e.g., secret1, 1secret)
Privacy & Confidentiality StatementLibrary Code of Conduct