Faculty members may schedule a librarian to come to their class to introduce students to various avenues of research and library resources.
- Library classes typically last 50 minutes to an hour.
- Librarians customize their instruction to your course and assignment needs.
- Instruction works best when applied to a specific assignment. Please share your assignment with the librarian!
- Library instruction serves as a foundation for students' future academic research and imbues students with information literacy skills.
- Classes may focus on search strategies, relevancy, search terms/thesaurus, currency, and evaluation.
- Classes are hands-on and work best in a computer lab for students to explore resources. For Columbus Campus classes call 614-287-2460, and for Delaware Campus classes call 740-203-8183. You may reach either campus by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Librarian instruction serves as a collaboration between faculty and librarians.
- Students are able to directly connect to a librarian, giving a "face" to the library.
- Helpful Library Quick Guides and Library Research Guides supplement instruction.
- Schedule a library class early in the semester or contact the library or Learning Center at least two weeks in advance to ensure that you get the day/time you want.
Privacy & Confidentiality StatementLibrary Code of Conduct