Virtual Library Instruction
Library instruction serves as a foundation for students' future academic research and imbues students with information literacy skills. This collaboration between faculty and librarians can be delivered in a variety of formats, all of which can be embedded in Blackboard:
- Virtual library instruction can be provided synchronously using Blackboard Collaborate, or asynchronously as a customized instruction video (Kaltura).
- Interactive research tutorials can be developed for any course, and can include assessment. See an example here.
- In addition, the CS Library YouTube Channel provides brief videos that focus on:
- Database Searching
- Finding eBooks
- Research Guides
- Evaluating Information
- Creating a Research Question
- Business Research
- ...and more!
- Finally, helpful Library Quick Guides and Library Research Guides further supplement instruction.
- See how to Embed Research Guides in Blackboard to add any of these resources to your course materials.
- Please request virtual librarian assistance at any time by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy & Confidentiality StatementLibrary Code of Conduct