What Are Print Periodicals?
Print periodicals are as newspapers, magazines, and journals. They can be found on the Third Floor of the Columbus campus library next to the Periodicals Desk.
You can see the library's print periodicals collection online.
What is the eResources Search?
The eResources Search is a list of journals/magazines whose full text can be found online in databases. Use the eResources Search tool if you're looking for a specific journal and want to know if it's available online.
What Are Article Formats?
Depending on the database, articles may be displayed in these formats:
- Index: Includes only the article’s citation information (e.g. author, title, date, volume, etc.). Neither a summary, nor the full-text of the article are available.
- Abstract: Includes the article’s citation information and a brief summary of the article's content. Abstracts do not include the full-text article.
- Full-text: Includes an electronic copy of the actual article. Depending on the database, the article may be available in HTML format, .pdf format (displays the article as it originally appeared in the magazine with graphics and pictures), or both.
Choosing a Database
Article databases provide you with 24-7 access to magazine, journal, and newspaper articles via the Internet. To help you identify the most appropriate database for your topic/subject:
- consult the descriptions on the Library's databases page
- check to see if there is a Research Guide that covers your subject area or topic.
EBSCOhost (Academic Search Complete) Basic Search Tutorial
EBSCOhost (Academic Search Complete) Advanced Search Tutorial
Privacy & Confidentiality StatementLibrary Code of Conduct