Business Plan Outline
- Mission Statement
- Describe the company's long-term mission
- The Team
- CEO and key management
- What previous accomplishments and records of success have the key players had?
- What number of years in field give them expertise?
- Market Summary
- What can be said of market analysis for past, present and future trends?
- Look at market share, leadership, key players, costs, pricing, and competition. What can be concluded from these aspects?
- What problems and opportunities will the company face?
- Are there any consumer issues/problems to account for?
- Are there any consumer product/service opportunities?
- How will the business solve these issues?
- Business Concept
- What key technologies, concepts, or strategies will be necessary for the business to thrive?
- Who is the competition?
- What is the competitive advantage of your product/service?
- GOals and Objectives
- List 5 year goals
- Identify specific, measurable objectives
- List market-share objectives
- List revenue/profitability objectives
- Financial Plan
- What are the expected annual sales and profits for the next 3 years?
- Include a financial document
- Resource Requirements
- What types of personnel/technology is needed?
- What sorts of finances are required?
- How do you foresee distribution or promotion of the service/product?
- What extra services or products might be offered?
- Risks and Rewards
- Summarize the risks of the proposed project.
- How will these risks be addressed?
- What are the expected rewards?
- Key Issues
- Identify key decisions and issues that need immediate or quick resolution
- State consequences of postponing these issues.
- Identify issues needed long-term resolution
- State consequences of postponing a decision on these issues.
- Wht extra monies might be needed to address issues?
The Ohio Small Business Development Centers at Columbus State Community College (Ohio SBDC) is a public / private partnership supported in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration, Ohio Development Services Agency, Columbus State Community College, the City of Columbus and other local partners. We serve a nine county district including Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Licking, Logan, Madison, Pickaway and Union counties.
The 1st Stop Business Connection is the easiest way to learn about starting a business in Ohio. It provides free state-level information needed to get started for upcoming entrepreneurs.
Privacy & Confidentiality StatementLibrary Code of Conduct